I recently attended a three-day marketing conference focused on Search Engine Marketing (SEM) in general, and the 800-lb gorilla in this field, Google. Here are some of my key marketing-related takeaways from this event:
* Every business that wants to build an online reputation/following MUST understand and utilize Google.
* Bing will become a bigger and bigger SEM player.
* Facebook offers a plethora of marketing opportunities, including very targeted advertising.
* People LOVE testimonials. These should be placed on a company's web site home page.
* People REALLY LOVE video testimonials.
* Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a combination of: SEO (organic searches, driven by high-quality content/keywords), links, and pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns.
* Google still places a high priority on links, both having links on your web site and, even more importantly, having links to your web site on other web sites relevant to your business.
* The highest marketing return-on-investment (ROI) still comes from email marketing done to existing customers.
* What is the second largest search engine behind Google? YouTube. Be there or be...lost.
To learn more about Google and online marketing, please contact me at (707) 568-7322.
To online success!