I met with Nancy E. and Ray H. last week to begin the process of mapping out a marketing plan for their just-launched business of high-end, one-of-a-kind wine chests. Here are a few of the reasons they say they're excited to have -- very shortly -- a new plan:
* "gives us a clear path"
* "we don't have to do everything at once"
* "things are clear and more structured"
* "we needed the help prioritizing what to do, in what order"
* "we're honing in on what's most important"
* "Tim gave us new ideas/new thoughts"
Plans aren't dry, lifeless pieces of paper (at least not mine!). A well-conceived marketing plan helps clients sleep better at night by giving them clear direction on what to do, and in what order. Don't want to plan? That's your choice.... Just remember, if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.